Prestigious International Conference: Bradford 11–12 May 2017
Cycle City Active City is the ground-breaking conference and exhibition for all those working to encourage utility cycling, walking and active, healthy lifestyles across Britain. This year it will be hosted in our very own National Media Museum.
Town and cities with high levels of cycling, walking, play and sport are fit, fun and work for people. This event shows how we get from potential to reality.
This 5th Annual Cycle City Active City includes a two-day exhibition of the product and service suppliers to the sector, with plenary presentations by high-profile individuals throughout the UK and beyond with expertise and influence in cycling and walking policy, promotion and infrastructure, active place-making, public health, and positive urban design and development.
Bradford is a city with huge latent potential for cycling and so much more. Lots of exciting and good things are happening now – like the stunning City Park, transforming the heart of the city. In April Bradford hosts the final stage of the Tour de Yorkshire followed two weeks later by this prestigious conference. It is clear 2017 is going to be a pivotal year for cycling in Bradford with the addition of the 14km Leeds-Bradford CityConnect cycle superhighway to the huge amount of cycling-related activity going on in the district.
Why attend Cycle City Active City Bradford?
Now in it’s 5th year, Cycle City Active City Bradford will feature presentations, knowledge sharing and networking opportunities for the professionals delivering these projects.
Speakers from across Europe provides an opportunity for UK planners to understand how lessons from around the world can be applied here.
Delegates at Cycle City Active City hear the latest developments in cycle strategy, see and share the tools, expertise and experience of what works and what doesn’t.
The event includes: practical workshops on the key topics for cycle planning, expert seminars, inspiring talks and networking opportunities, study tours and a exhibition of the tools and services available to deliver better cycling cities.
- Celebrate what works, share what doesn’t.
- Learn how cycle development makes an effective difference
- Leave better informed and better prepared to develop cycling in your locality.
Delegates at this event will:
- Learn how schemes from around the world are getting more people to cycle and walk for everyday journeys
- Understand how to motivate women, children and older people to be physically active in their everyday lives
- See how streets and neighbourhoods can easily support active, healthy lifestyles
- Understand new opportunities for using public health frameworks and funding streams
- Make a strong business case for investing in active travel and activity-friendly places
- Leave better informed and better prepared to develop active travel and active spaces in your locality
For more info visit: http://www.landor.co.uk/cyclecitybradford/home.php